Article spotlights are opportunities for an article, complete or incomplete, to be recognized by the community. The articles do not have to coincide with the requirements provided for Good or even Spectre articles. When an article is passed, it will be displayed on. The voting process is more relaxed than any other contest because all registered users can vote.
This is a process an article must go through before is can be added or rejected to the list of article spotlights. The process goes as so:
- When objecting an article, the user must provide a reason why. This way, the writer of the article has a chance to change the objection. All objections are reasonable unless they are not civil.
- An article is accepted if it receives a positive majority vote after a week of being nominated.
- An article is rejected if it receives a negative majority vote after a week of being nominated.
- Nominations will be removed if no consensus is reached after one month of being on the nomination track.
How to nominate
When you nominate an article, please use the following nomination form in order to maintain a sense of organization on the nominations track:
- === [[Article name]] (+/-) ===
- ==== Support ====
- ==== Oppose ====
- ==== Comments ====
Johun Shepard (+2) Edit
- As proposer. —InfernalWarrior [ talk ]
- I like it. While it isn't complete. We can advertise it as a growing article. It is my favorite Shepard article as it really puts backstory into the character and provides an interesting pre-Mass Effect story. Foxtrot12 03:09, September 6, 2010 (UTC)